Sunday, June 1, 2014

Slaughterloo Project - Update 3: COMPLETE (???)

Hi all!

Well, the time has arrived where I can feel satisfied, and fulfilled. Yes, I have "finished" my part of our joint project!!! Woohoo!!! Well, I say I've finished. I've finished what I set out to paint in my original post here. However, I was fortunate enough to sell some stuff on ebay recently, and couldn't resist spending a little on more figures. Who can? :-D So I bought myself some Orc Hussars to attempt to counter Chris' Espirit Du Garde! So, I plan to drop the Black Watchit to the reserve, and march the Hussars and a couple more infantry to the front line. (which means I need to paint another 5 cavalry and 2 more Rifleorcs!)

Anyway, I finished off some more rifles, with these ones painted similar to the Historical 5/60th Rifles:











And in the "completed" Division:










I also had a practice at painting up one of the Hussars, based loosely this time on the historical British 7th Hussars.






So there you go! It's all coming together quite nicely. Now to start on my Bolt Action Japanese for the Escalation League at the club next month....

In the meantime, I do have some stuff for sale on ebay, so if you want to support my Flintloque habit/wedding fund, take a look EBAY AUCTIONS

6 comments:

  1. I like what you have done with the 5/60th cuff colours - more Scab Red than Bloody Red.

    I think it works.

    Congratulations of achieving your aim.

    Well Done.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather say ascary looking force! Great brushwork on these figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. Hopefully they will be suitably scary to Chris' Elves and Frogs! :-D

      Delete